Kosha murgir mangsho (Stirred Chicken Curry...the Bong version)
Murgi(Chicken) is a Bengali delight. And every household has its own way of preparation. To a gourmet however, every dish is unique and satisfying in its own way...
Freshly cut Chicken
Onions (Medium Sized)
Potatoes (medium to large)
Cumin seeds Few
Cilantro leaves Few
Indian Bay Leaves
- Mince the onions , tomatoes, red and green chillies .
- Cut the potatoes into halves. Mix them with little turmeric.
- Mix the chicken with 5 Tbspns of mustard oil, remaining turmeric, cumin powder, cumin seeds, onions, tomatoes, chillies, ginger-garlic paste, vinegar, soya-sauce, bay leaves(torn to pieces),sour curd.
- After the mixture has been prepared well, place it under refrigerated/ non refrigerated with lid closed and allow it to marinate for 30-45 minutes
- Fry the potato slices in mustard oil with lid closed till they become soft.
- Put the mixture along with the fried potatoes and continue stirring on a medium-low flame intermittently with lid closed , so that the chicken becomes soft.
- Add little amounts of water each time and finally submerge the entire content in water and allow it to be cooked for around5-15 mins (The higher time allowed for marination the lower time will it take to cook)
- Garnish it with Garam Masala and cilantro leaves .....and keep it closed for about 3-5 minutes
- Serve hot with ghee on white rice